Cover Design & Merchandise
Dark Helix Press has diverged into flexing our creative muscles with design work.
If you are an author or publisher interested in custom cover design, please write to us at “darkhelixpress at gmail dot com” to inquire about this service.
Our fees start at $25 USD for e-book covers and $50 USD for print book covers using royalty free stock art. If non-stock art/fonts/patterns are required, price will increase to include licensing for the artwork. File will be delivered in jpeg or pdf format within 2-3 weeks. For an extra $10 you will receive the original file in psd format for use for future modifications.
Please include a summary which includes:
- name of the book
- author of the book
- other text such as blurbs or subtitles (if any)
- genre of the book
- at least 2 examples of covers in the market similar to the book
- any color specifications or style preferences
- include a summary paragraph of what the book is about to give us a sense of what art is appropriate
- if you wish, include a draft drawing in word or free hand if there is preference as to where items should lie on the cover
The more information given to the designer ahead of time will help in the creation of a cover which will satisfy everyone’s needs. The designer will considered all the information provided and there will be some back and forth prior to the creation of any cover.
For physical goods, we have chosen to partner up with Threadless for logistics and creation of items based on our quirky designs.
Designs below are available in apparel, home decor and other merchandise formats. Click on each design for more details and check out our storefront!